Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Filet Mingon & Pasta Bordelaise

I'm pretty picky when it comes to meat.  I only like to eat chicken dishes if I make them, although I will eat them if someone else does.  I like ground sirloin...not beef.  I also only like filets when it comes to steak.  Hmm maybe I'm a food snob.  My kids are a lot like me, perhaps because I cook most of their meals.  That or I've passed my food neurosis to them.  So on filet night I have to buy one for them to split,  if not they will eat all of mine.  Tonight everyone cleaned their plate.  Noah even had thirds.  The noodles are his favorite and the steak...well there wasn't enough for seconds.  My pocketbook is afraid the day is coming where they will each need their own steak.



Filet
I bought three that equaled 1lb. Next time I'll buy more.  I marinated them in Lawry's a few hours before dinner.  I had the Herb and Garlic, so I used that one.  Josh them threw them on his Big Green Egg.  I have no idea for how longs...since I have no clue how to cook steaks...hmm it's probably time I learn. The kids and I ate them medium-well.  Josh's was still moo'ing.  We love these marinades.  We have served steaks a few times to company and everyone gives Josh's steaks rave reviews.  I have to say he cooks a pretty mean steak.


Pasta Bordelaise
1 lb vermicelli noodles
1 stick of butter
1 package of fresh sliced mushrooms
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
1 tsp of parsley
Lots of Parmesan cheese

Cook the noodles as directed.  Melt the butter in a skillet.  Saute the mushrooms & garlic in the butter.  Add salt and pepper as desired.  When the noodles are finished, pour the butter/mushrooms mixture over it.  Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan.  Mix well.  Serve this hot and sprinkle more Parmesan over each plate.

My version of pasta bordelaise is hands down, Noah's favorite meal.  Noodles, Butter, and Cheese are the main ingredients. How could you go wrong.  Seriously.  Meredith asked if we could have this again tomorrow.  I served this with Roasted Asparagus.  Delish!  Now I'm off to make sprinkle cupcakes for dessert.....for no other reason then it's Tuesday and Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment