Monday, September 19, 2011

Mini Meatloafs...a must try!

I like meatloaf, I'm a big fan of red meat though.  I used to make one that took and hour to cook.  I then found this recipe on a site I loved.  Sadly she no longer post there.  So here is Mini meatloafs.  You can find the original recipe by Chris Jordan, here with pictures.  She wraps hers in bacon, I like my bacon fried so opt for just the meatball.

Mini Meatloafs
- A muffin tin
- 1 lb ground meat (I use sirloin)
- 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plain, but I often substitute italian if that's what I have)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all the ingredients into a large bowl.  Roll them into small balls and place in an UNGREASED muffin tin.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins.  I then broil on high for 3 minutes to make the top well done.


I served these with wild rice and carrots.  I promise your kids will eat them and love them.  Even if they say they won't.  Very kid friendly.


Josh, Meredith, Noah & Margot give this a very enthusiastic two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment