Monday, September 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Chicken & Rice

I got this recipe from what used to be my favorite site for quick and easy recipes.  It's by far my favorite dish to cook and eat.  One I've passed on to many friends and all who have loved it and loved how simple it is to make.  I could eat this once a week, in fact for a while we did.  But my husband is not like me and he gets burnt out after a while...so I stopped fixing it.  Tonight we had it for the first time in a long time and it was delicious...even Josh thought so.  He said....You know we should have this more like once a week.  The things I put up with I tell ya.  I got this recipe from Chris Jordan over at Ordering Disorder, go here for the original recipe with pics.  I double my sauce, because I'm a big fan of sauces.

Peanut Butter Chicken
1 cup of peanut butter (I used Jiffy)
1 cup water
4 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp brown sugar (I know the pb is sweetened, but I add this anyway)
6 cloves minced garlic ( or 6 cloves of roasted garlic, which is much better I'll post that recipe next)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 fresh broccoli head
4 chicken breast, diced
White Rice

Cook your chicken breast in a large pan in a little olive oil.  While the chicken is cooking, combine the first 6 ingredients together in a large measuring/mixing bowl.  Set that aside and let the flavors mesh together. Mix it really well, it should look like this when you are finished.


Once your chicken is finished cooking, cut the crowns of your broccoli off and throw them in the pot on top of your COOKED chicken.  Pour between 1/2 and 1/4 cup of water in with the broccoli and chicken, then place a tight fitting lid on top, to steam your broccoli.  So make sure you cook the chicken in the pot/pan with a lid to begin with.  While steaming your broccoli, cook  your rice as directed.  




Once your broccoli is steamed, pour the peanut butter sauce over the broccoli and chicken and serve it over rice.



I promise you cannot go wrong with this recipe....as long as you like and are not allergic to peanut butter.  Meredith loves this, Noah doesn't like peanut butter, so we scoop him some broccoli and chicken out and he eats it over rice with Soy Sauce.  The rest of us...gobbled it up.  Quickly, because it's so good we didn't want anyone to eat off of our plate.  It's been known to happen here.

Meredith gives it....


Noah gave it 2 big thumbs down....because he doesn't like peanut butter he says....but the soy sauce/rice/chicken/broccoli combo is delish...well that's what he tells us.








No comments:

Post a Comment