Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rump Roast & Spaghetti Sauce

I grew up eating this meal as a kid.  I think I complained every single time I was served it too.  "UGH, I don't like that!"  or "Yuck...I'm not eating that."  So it should not have come as a surprise when my kiddos said "UGH we don't like that!" or "Dat's not meatballs...I want meatballs!"  or "Not SPAGHETTI again!"  Yes, spaghetti again, it's easy and it's something you eat.  No it's not meatballs....it's different try it.  It's okay if you don't like it....you won't starve missing one meal.   Five minutes later I put the food on their plate and they devoured it....just like I did as a kid.  The bitching and moaning just keeps things interesting I guess.





Rump Roast & Spaghetti Sauce
1 Rump Roast....small/medium sized ( Josh bought it and threw away the packaging before I saw how many lbs it was, but I got two meals out of it)
2 jars/cans spaghetti sauce - (I used hunts garlic & herb)

Put your roast in the crock pot and pour the 2 jars/cans of spaghetti sauce over it.  I also through in some salt and pepper for good measure.  Cook on low overnight and all the next day or cook on high for 7-8 hours.  Stir occasionally.  This roast will become very tender and shred on your plate.


The kids moaned and griped a whole lot, but in the end they each cleared their plates and Margot had seconds.   I served this with green peas...they also cleaned that bowl.  And if I would have had yeast rolls, I'd have served them too.  Yes it was a very terrible meal....I don't not recommend making it, unless you need a quick, easy and delicious dinner.  


The peanut gallery....





No comments:

Post a Comment