Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

This was not for dinner tonight, I took the kids out for pizza.  Saturday night I cooked, but didn't share, so tonight I will.  We had breaded pork cutlets, tortellini and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus , it was quite the dinner for a Saturday night.  My friend Amy, made dinner for me after Margot was born.  She included the asparagus with her dinner and I immediately asked for her recipe and have been making it since.  It is a great side with any dish.  My kids will even eat it.  Well Meredith and Margot, hmmm maybe my kids are just weird. Thanks Amy Thieling for the recipe!

Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

1 bunch of fresh asparagus washed with the white ends chopped off
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
Parmesan Cheese (I used it right out the container, I'm sure fresh is good too)

I literally throw the asparagus into a large boil, pour some olive oil in with it and salt and pepper, mix it all by hand.  I then lay it out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle it with more salt, pepper and LOADS of Parmesan cheese.  Bake it at 350 for 10-15 minutes.  I tend to do 15 or more because I like it crunchy.  


Josh and I give it two thumbs way up.  A great healthy and delicious side dish in no time!
Meredith and Margot give it two thumbs up.
Noah....let's just say he will eat the carrots!

***I'll share my pork cutlet recipe another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment