Thursday, September 26, 2013

World's Best Roast Beef

This is my favorite roast beef and it's made in the crock pot.  I have made this for countless friends and family to bring over when they needed a warm meal and everyone always asks for this recipe.  My kids all love this.  I typically fix it and serve it over egg noodles or rice and then have it on sandwiches the next night, or sometimes we just skip and go right to sandwiches.  My favorite way, throw it on a freshly baked oleo bun with a little mayo, swiss cheese and spicy pickles...YUM.  I make this so much (weekly) I don't even need the recipe now.


Slow cooker three envelope Roast
3-4lb Eyed Around Roast
1 cup of water
1 cup salsa
1 Lipton Onion Soup dry packet
1 Italian dressing packet
1 Au Jus packet

Mix the three dry packets with a cup of water and whisk it together.  Add 1 cup of mild salsa.  Mix it all together, pour it over the eyed around roast in the crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.  When it's time to eat take a knife and fork and shred it in the crock pot.  It will melt in your mouth.

Peanut gallery...
Meredith - two thumbs way up
Noah - two thumbs way up
Margot---- it depends on her mood, most days she gobbles it up.
Josh and my parents - think this is the BEST roast ever! Me too!  I admit I often eat two sandwiches, even though I shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment