Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cream Cheese Sausage Balls

Last night our neighborhood had a Halloween Social at dinner time.  Each family was supposed to bring an appetizer.  Being the responsible mother I am, I decided not to feed my kids dinner and feed them there.  Well you can guess.....they had candy for dinner. And I....well I had these....





Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
1lb hot sausage, uncooked
8oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup Bisquick
4 oz of cheddar cheese shredded

Preheat oven to 400F

Mix all the ingredients until well combined. Roll into 1-inch balls.  Bake for 20-25 minutes. 
You can freeze these suckers uncooked.  If cooking frozen add a few minutes to your cooking time.
**I also doubled this to make a whole lot of sausage balls, if you need some for a crowd, I suggest you do the same.

I love, love, love sausage balls.  One of my favorite foods.  That being said, I highly suggest you use HOT sausage.  I use the Jimmy Dean tube.  I also have to confess, I didn't think the cream cheese made a big difference.  I mean it was in there, but the taste wasn't a whole lot different then the old ones I used to make.  So if you don't have cream cheese, just whip up the old recipe.  I give this 2 thumbs way up, hard to mess up a sausage ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment