Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Honey Chicken



I originally got this recipe off of pinterest, my new addiction.  It looked so easy and it had good reviews, but I was skeptical.  Well, I was mistaken, because it was good.  It isn't the best dish I've ever eaten.  I still prefer my peanut butter chicken, but for how easy and tasty it was, I will put it into the rotation.  I served it with carrots, cauliflower, and snow peas.



Honey Sauced Chicken
4-5 chicken breast 
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 cup honey
1/2cup soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped onion (or 1/8 cup onion flakes)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
21 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes

Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, put into crock pot. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3 hours or on high 1 1/2 hours. Chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce. Serve over rice or noodles.

To bake chicken as a 30 minute meal:
Dice chicken and season both sides with salt and pepper, place in 8x8 pan. Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.

Recipe from: Crock Pot Recipe Card Collection -- the original recipe called for half of all the ingredients and chicken and said served 2, so I doubled it.  I would love to find a way to make the sauce a little thicker too.

From the peanut gallery....
Josh and I liked it a lot
Margot  & Noah DEVOURED it.  Noah was literally eating the tiny pieces of rice off his plate, so we offered him seconds, and he gobbled all of that  up too.


Meredith didn't like it.  And she eats everything, but her mind was made up before she even tasted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment