Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Shrimp Pasta

I promise you this is yummy!!!  I always get asked for this recipe and the good news is, it is kid friendly too....and not just my kids, because yes, my kids....they eat anything.  But other peoples kids love it too!

Shrimp Pasta
3lbs peeled and de-veined shrimp (or I use what I have)
1 lb tri-color spiral noodles (a package and 1/3 of another)
16 oz Velveeta
1 cup margarine (I use salted butter)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp BBQ sauce (I use whatever I have)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp thyme
1 Tbsp. salt & pepper (I just sprinkle some)

Melt the margarine and mix in all the herbs, Worcestershire, lemon juice, BBQ sauce & salt and pepper.
Pour it over the shrimp in a 9X13 casserole dish.  Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  While the shrimp are cooking, cook your pasta as directed and melt your cheese with a little milk - I do this on a stovetop.  Pour the pasta and cheese into the casserole with the shrimp and butter sauce and mix well.  Bake it an additional 10 minutes at 350.


This pasta is super easy and I promise you family will enjoy it!  It's by far Meredith's favorite meal.  I have often made it with diced chicken breast when I don't have shrimp on hand and she ask for it, but she loves her some shrimp!  I always have left overs of this, but they are gone before we wake up because Josh takes them all to work before anyone else can claim them.


From the peanut gallery....
Josh - gives this two thumbs up!
Meredith and Margot - two thumbs way up!!!
Noah - gives the green & white noodles two thumbs, but the orange ones only one thumb up!

No comments:

Post a Comment