Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Poppyseed Chicken


Tonight the kids and I ate with my parents.  Josh was on call and it was a long day.  So I whipped this up and ate with them.  My mom and dad love it and the kids requested it.  This is also not a dish I heard of until I moved to South Mississippi.  NEVER.  Of course we never ate a lot of casserole type things growing up and I'm not necessarily a casserole person, but this one I love!

Poppyseed Chicken
6 chicken breast cooked and cubed
2 cans of cream of mushrooms soup
2 cups of sour cream 
4 teaspoons of poppyseeds. 

Mix it all together and pour into a baking dish.  Crush one pack of ritz crackers in a large ziplock bag, melt 1/2 stick of butter, pour into a ziplock with the crackers crumbs and mix well.  Pour and spread over poppyseed chicken inthe dish.  Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

I serve this over rice!  and always have left overs which my kids will actually beg to eat the next day! I think Mahatma is the best.  I also served it with cream style corn.  The grown ups didn't get any corn, because Margot and Meredith ate it all.

From the peanut gallery -

The kids gave it two very enthusiastic thumbs up!
My parents gave it two thumbs up too!
Josh had a big bowl when he got home and said it was delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment