Thursday, September 1, 2011

Homemade Meatballs & Pasketti

As Noah would call it.....It's by far his favorite meal.  It's the one thing I can fix at home and everyone will gobble up without any protest.  It's a really difficult recipe, so hang with me.  By the way I don't make spaghetti sauce from scratch.  I've never found a great recipe that I love.  I'm not a sweet spaghetti sauce kind of girl, I'm more of a tangy/tart girl.  So if you have an easy one that's to die for....or at least very good.  Send it my way. acmaksi@hotmail.com --  Here's my extremely difficult meatballs.

Meatballs & Pasketti (Spaghetti)

1 lb ground sirloin
1 egg
1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
3 jars/cans of spaghetti sauce (I use Hunts cans garlic & herb - it's my fav)

Pour your 3 cans of spaghetti sauce into a large pot and turn to medium.  Put your egg into large bowl and beat it.  Throw in your ground sirloin, cheese and breadcrumbs.  Mix it well with your hands.  Roll the meat mixture into 1 inch balls and throw them directly into the sauce after you roll each one.  Bring the sacue/meatballs to a boil (it will boil on medium -- watch you don't scorch the meatballs)  Stir often.  After it's boiled for 40 minutes, turn it to low and let it simmer.  I do this for about an hour or so.



I start my meatballs at 3 and we eat about 5:15/5:30.  I simmer them until we eat.  The meatballs will take only about 10 minutes to mix and roll from start to finish.  I serve it over angel hair with green peas.  I have more than enough to freeze for another meal for us all.  Or sometimes we have meatball subs the next night!


My children give this 2 thumbs way up.


No comments:

Post a Comment