Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Shrimp Scampi of sorts

I happened to have some frozen peeled, boiled shrimp on hand.  Shrimp that my 5 year old begged for.  So that's where the cooked shrimp came from, but you can easily do this with uncooked shrimp, you just cook them in the butter sauce.

Shrimp Scampi
1 lb of peeled shrimp (totally guessing on this.  I had about 3/4 of a zip-lock full)
1 1/2 sticks of butter
2 T lemon juice (I'm guessing I just poured)
1 T of minced garlic
1 pack fresh sliced mushrooms
parsley
Vermicelli pasta

Cook your pasta, and good lord don't make it mushy!  While your pasta is cooking melt your butter on the stove top   Throw in mushrooms and garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.  Throw in your shrimp.  I threw in boiled shrimp.  If it was raw shrimp, I would have thrown this in before my mushrooms and cooked my shrimp thoroughly first.    Pour in some lemon juice.  Simmer about 10 minutes or until it's time to eat.  Throw in about a tablespoon of parsley and mix it.  I then dumped the shrimp and shrooms into the pot of cooked and drained vermicelli and mixed well.  Sprinkle Parmesan on top and serve it to the hungry hooligans.

I served this with fresh sliced cucumbers and caramelized carrots....I'll post that recipe soon!

Meredith (5) gave this a very enthusiastic 2 thumbs up!  She requested a big bowl of seconds.
Noah (3) gave it two thumbs up and cleaned his plate....he loves butter!
Margot (1) wanted to feed herself, mostly carrots, mushrooms and a few noodles made it to her mouth, but she ate it.
Josh - gave it 2 thumbs up as well.  He thought it was good.  Not excellent, but good and better than olive garden.  He's a tough critic

No comments:

Post a Comment