Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mexican Chicken

Tonight I threw a few things together and named it Mexican Chicken.  I believe I've ran across a similar recipe before, but I couldn't find it and these were ingredients I had on hand.


Mexican Chicken
4 chicken breast
2 jars of salsa (any brand, I used 2 smaller jars)
1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained because they looked gross not rinsed)
Cheddar cheese (I would have used Mexican blend if I had it)

I halved my chicken breast into thinner slices to cut down on cooking time and because we like it that way.  Lay them in a 9X13 baking dish.  Pour the salsa over it.  Dump the black beans on top and spread them out.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Remove and sprinkle cheese on top, I used a lot.  Bake for 10 more minutes.

I served this over white rice and with a side of corn on the cob.  Voila'

Meredith (5) gave this 2 thumps up
Noah (3) ate it but complained about the black beans
Margot (1) gobbled it up when she wasn't gnawing her corn on the cob
Josh (30something) gave it an enthusiastic two thumbs up.
It's a keeper

1 comment: