Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bowtie Chicken Pasta

I ran across this recipe a couple of years ago in Japser County Relay for Life cookbook. It's a local cookbook for a county here in Mississippi.  Yes say Mississippi  all drawn out, I do.  Anyway it was a good one, one I've made repeatedly; for my family, for dinner parties and upon lots of birthday dinner request, by Meredith and Josh.  It was orginally submitted by a woman named Brenda McHan.  I don't know her, but it's her recipe and it's good.  Josh's favorite.  I changed a few things, so here is my version.  I served this with frozen corn, because the kids like it frozen, they can tell the difference from the stuff in the can....me too.





Bowtie Chicken Pasta

1 pkg bowtie noodles
1 pkg of real bacon pieces (usually for salads)
1 pkg fresh mushrooms sliced
2-3 seasoned grilled chicken breast chopped
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 stick of real butter (I used salted)
1 cup shredded cheese (I'll used mild or sharp depending on what I have)
1/2 tsp pepper (it calls for white, but I used black)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 T dried parsley

I dice and then cook my chicken breast in a little olive oil, seasoned with Tony's.  While the chicken is cooking, cook the pasta in a large pot.  Drain and return to the pot.  I then remove my cooked chicken and saute the bacon and mushrooms in a little butter in the same pan.  I then melt my butter in a large measuring cup, pour in my cream, add the pepper, garlic powder and parsley to it as well.  Once the mushrooms are done, I pour the chicken, mushrooms & bacon, cheese, as well as the cream/butter mixture into the pot with the noodles and mix it.  I normally do this right as the noodles are finished and it melts the cheese nicely.


From the peanut gallery.  Josh LOVES this. 


Meredith gave it....

Noah at first said it was "TERRIBLE!" and gave it...

When I asked him why he said..."because I love cooked cheese sam-ich mamma!"  And then he took another bite and said..."no I give it dis"

So there you go....try it... Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment