Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'll never serve just tacos again...Taco Salad!

This fall my oldest, Meredith, is cheering for her elementary school.  She practices two times a week from 5:30-6:30.  Planning and cooking a meal have become extremely difficult with this added to our schedule.  So on Mondays and Wednesdays I'm looking for easy dinners and quick fixes because our dinner time has just moved up to 4:45.  She doesn't get home until 7 and that's way too late for everyone here to eat.  So with our new schedule in mind I did some creative planning.  The kids love tacos, cheap and easy.  I don't.  I don't find it filling and don't get all the "good" toppings since it's just usually me and kids on taco nights.  This week at the grocery though I saw Aztec Taco Salad Shells and it looked yummy so I picked up a pack.  I also grabbed some Wholly Guacamole snack packs (they were the perfect portion for a taco salad topping) and  a container of sour cream.  And I have to say tonight's taco night was a big treat and super easy.  I also made queso with some chips.


Taco Salad
Aztec Taco Salad Shells (they come in packs of 4)
1lb ground sirloin
1 taco seasoning packet
shredded lettuce
sour cream
salsa
shredded cheese
guacamole
tomatoes and black olives (if you children can stand them on the table, mine cannot)

Cook your taco shells and taco meat as directed.  Lay all the fun toppings on the table and let everyone go at it!  Josh, Meredith and I devoured ours.  Noah had 2 soft tacos instead.  Margot ate hers and a pack of guacamole...a girl after her mamma's heart.  Dinner was different, easy and a huge success.  Taco night may be come a weekly thing!





This guacamole is delish Mamma!

No comments:

Post a Comment