Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Red Beans & Rice

This is really the cheating way to do it.  Seriously, but it's good and time is minimal around here when it comes to cooking.  So who cares right....I mean it's really good.  Just make sure that before you make this, that you get 3 cans of blue runner cream style red beans at the grocery.  Shhh! I won't tell anyone...you can totally pass it off as having cooked it all day.  I do.

Red Beans & Rice
1 lb sausage (I like conecuh thin sausage...it's the right size for small kiddos)
3 cans of Blue Runner creamy style read beans
1/2 cup water
bay leaves
onion powder
garlic powder
salt and pepper

Brown your sausage in a large pot.  Pour in the red beans and the water.  Mix it well.  Put in a few bay leaves and the sprinkle a dash or two of the other seasoning to make it feel like you are cooking.  Cook your rice.

I serve this with corn bread and occasionally a salad.  The kids....EAT IT UP!  I never ate this as a child...they are not my kids.

Even Margot dug right in.


No comments:

Post a Comment